If you have found an injured or orphaned bird or animal:
- Never approach an animal you feel is dangerous. Err on the side of caution.
- Keep the animal warm.
- Do not give it any food or water.
- If possible, put babies back in their nest. In most cases, their mother is getting food and will return.
- If you are in the Lake Tahoe area, call Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care at 530.577.CARE (530.577.2273)
- Bring the animal to Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care at 1485 Cherry Hills Circle, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-4921. If you are not in the Lake Tahoe area, please contact the wildlife center closest to you.